Thursday, 31 January 2013
January 2013 Beauty Box 5 and Glymm
Whooo-boy! What is it with January and sub box drama? To keep it short, my Glymm bag arrived today when it normally gets shipped out mid month. They were waiting on a sample to come in or something. So I thought maybe it would be something cool. I did actually like December's Bag. Then I began reading spoilers and my hope dwindled. I'll show you why.
So from left to right:
1) La Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes: Nice to put in my purse. I received 2 packets.
2) 360 Skincare Lavender Mint Firming Serum: Instructions say its good for the around the eyes area. Now a lot of people are complaining about this sample size. I think its not a bad size really. You don't use so much. This will last me awhile.
3) Coolway Boost Serum: To be used after shampooing. After rinsing, towl or blow dry. Its supposed to protect your hair at different temperatures. Not too bad a size sample either.
4) Lashem Double Trouble Mascara: Aside from being teenie, it arrived dried up. I'm gonna try warming it up a little but I don't have my hopes up.
5) Sheswai Nail Lacquer in Honeyfox: This is actually a bonus item I get with their nail polish promotion. The handle there is actually made of wood. I'm excited to try this brand.
So a pretty yawn worthy bag. I think the only thing weighing the bag down is the nail lacquer. And its probably the only thing that gets me through this subscription: I can expect one thing I'll like in each bag. Sad though.....
Glymm has also raised their prices to $15/month. This definitely was not worth that. I hope with the price increase, Glymm can continue to improve. They are already talks of February previews on the FB page.
Now for a little better looking box ! This month's BB5 felt pretty light too but it had some 'wow!' packed in there.
From left to right:
1) Global Goddess shine Coconut Amla revitalizing hair treatment: On the product card, this was supped to be a Surprise 2012 Favourite. This is my first time receiving this particular sample. I gave the other one to my sister to try.
2) Ferro Cosmetics Desert Rose Blush: I have actually received this in a TNBB last year and it has become my favourite blush. Really happy to see it!
3) Perfumeries Solid Perfume Sticks
4) Model Co Colourbox Lip Pencil in Pomegranate
5) Pencil Me in Eye Pencil in Pink Lady: A brand I've never heard of. Its vitamin packed so that's a plus. I don't really wear a lot of coloured eye liner, but it might be fun to try for a party.
Another good BB5 in my opinion. Next month is there one year birthday I believe so I can't wait to see what they come up with!
Is it me or are the Canadian subs getting their asses kicked by American subs?