Sunday, 10 February 2013
January 2013 Starbox and Julep
When I was looking at the Look Book for hints to this month's Starbox, I was completely hoodwinked as to what we were getting. I had a feeling the colour green was going to make its way into our boxes but I wasn't sure how. It seemed like forever before my StarBox finally arrived. And I admit, I did take a few peeks at some spoilers. But another great StarBox!
I received (left to right)
1) Cuty Peach Blush Compact: This is a peach toned blush and the colour is absolutely gorgeous! Its quickly become a fave of mine.
2) Eye Liner in Brown: I was in need of a new one and now I have it!
3) 858 Dome Brush: A good looking blending brush.
4) Diamondline Eye Liner in Fancy: These eyeliners can also be used as cream shadows are they are smooth to put on. Lovely pigment too! I love these eyeliners and am happy to add Fancy, which is a green, to my collection.
A special bonus item this month! A very tres cool beaded bracelet from Abby Rose Designs. Abby Rose also has an Etsy shop so you can take a gander at other creations. : Abby Rose Designs
Starlooks continues to deliver the best value for its cost. To Canada its about $20/month but you get well over the worth each month. Staying with Starbox! What did you think of your StarBox? Will you be getting one?
This month's February Maven Box included colours inspired by Hollywood Glamour, past and present. This month I decided to try the It Girl box. My box also arrived just in time for Valentine's Day! Well before, really, and I'm excited about that!
I received: (left to right)
1) Freedom Top Coat: This is a new top coat that is supposed to give nails the gel look and strength with out actually being a gel. I have yet to try it out but if it works, it sounds handy!
2) A travel sized eyelash curler: Perfect! Now I don't have to haul around my usual one! It takes up quite a bit of room in my makeup bag.
3) The three nail colours:
Marion- inspired by Marion Cotillard, a Dark teal with shimmer
Joan- inspired by Joan Crawford, a cranberry with shimmer
Rebel- inspired by Rebel Wilson, a silver holographic polish
I've always wanted to try the holographic polishes so this is exciting. I'm pretty happy about Juelp this month. Its probably one of the only times I've gotten really excited for it. What did you think of your Julep Box?