The Lovelies

Thursday 18 July 2013

Playing with My Hair: Hair OIls

One of the biggest trends I've noticed lately is the use of oils to restore your hair. Argan oil has made a name for itself in this field. In this post, I'd like to share with you my adventures with some different oil products. 

Let's start on the left and work our way right:

1. Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil
Rosemary is one of my favourite seasonings. So when I saw this product, I knew I had to sleuth it out! It smells exactly like rosemary should. This hair oil can also be used to treat the scalp. I applied this to my hair after a shower and left it in as a conditioner. You can also use it as a hair mask. Massage a good amount into the hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave on for forty minutes before rinsing it out. This oil has been formulated with organic  extracts of rosemary, clover blossoms, and burdock root.

2. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment
This is one of the better known beauty brands for hair oil. And if you like the smell of macadamia nuts, this one's for you! I like to put it on my damp or dry hair and comb through. You can also add a few drops to your hair mask or leave-in conditioner. While it may sound kinda natural, the formulation does contain dimethicone and cyclomethicone (silicones that help in lubrication and coverage). 

3.Moroccan Hair Oil or Argan Oil from Gosh Cosmetics
Argan oil seems to have tons of uses! Facial oil, cuticle oil, and now hair oil. Argan oil adds a healthy shine to your locks. I like to massage this into my wet hair and just let everything air dry. I find my hair actually feels softer and silkier this way. The heat just kinda leaves a residue feeling, even though right on the bottle it says to blow dry for best results.

4. Mythic Oil by L'Oreal Professional
This is advertised as a nourishing oil. Yet this is probably the most synthetic smelling hair oil I've ever tried. It does a great job of nourishing hair as it says. I like to put this on dry hair. It makes my locks nice and smooth. Its the smell that both draws me in and throws me off. It smells quite fragrant, like a bottle of designer perfume. But therein lies my problem. I don't think hair oil should smell that way. At least I don't want my hair to smell that way all the time. I like hair oils that don't really have a scent to them. This was just over powering. I used this much less often then the others.

So Lovelies, what are your favourite hair oils? Are there any I should try?


I was given the Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil for the purpose of review. The thoughts and opinions expressed are mine own.

3 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the share.. I love the organic coconut oil- they are best for any hair damages.also love natural olive oil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some difficulties to find the best oil for me...Maybe oil is to heavy for my hair? I prefer to used this product :Reverie - Garrett Markenson. It's called a milk and I really like it ! Ingredients are good and my hair appreciate this treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use the Best hair care oil which avoids the hair fall and improve the hair growth. This oil reduce the temperature of the body so it never allow the scalps to dry. So its used as anti dandruff hair oil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I do love reading all your comments and try to respond to each and every one!
Thank you, Lovelies :D