Sunday, 17 February 2013
Ipsy February 2013: Red Carpet Ready
The picture above demonstrates how I feel about this month's Ipsy bag. And Its the first time I've felt this way since I started getting them back in November. I'll show you why. I was excited to see the hot pink bubble mailer in my mailbox. I've been conditioned!
The theme of this month's bag is Get Red Carpet Ready. This month's bag itself didn't really impress me. I think its supposed to look like a shiny patent leather type bag, but really it just is some cheap plastic that wrinkles easy. My phone's camera is actually doing it justice in the pic above. Now on to the inside.
From Left to right:
1) pixi Flawless & Poreless face primer: Its supposed to be hypoallergenic (yay!) and minimize the appearance of pores. I'm interested to see how this stands up against the PoreFessional by Benefit.
2) Coastal Scents Eye Shadow sample set entitled Glitz & Glamour: these look perfect for a smokey eye!
3) pop beauty Smokey Lash Kapow!!! Mascara in Smokey Black: I have never actually heard of this brand before so I'm excited to try it. I'm also swimming in mascara too :( The name is really cute too.
4) Lash Card Mascara shields: Just when I though I was rid of these! I have received this twice before. I don't really see the point in them so I don't use them. But the third time must be some sign. I'll try them (if I can remember to do so) but I would not buy these. Plus I received a mascara shield from Starlooks a couple months ago and it works fabulous. Maybe I'll throw these in my travel bag.
5) MICA Beauty Cosmetics gel liner in black(?) It didn't have a label on it but I can safely say its black. I do like myself a good, smooth gel liner and have had some good practice at applying it.
So overall, not their best bag, but absolutely not terrible. I have use for the the items but there was nothing wow about this bag. Statistically and in reality, I realize that not every bag will be jaw dropping awesome. It was just the first time with Ipsy. I still feel like this:
Eager and excited for what the next month will bring!