Tuesday, 4 December 2012
Nom Noms This Way: Bestowed and Kona Kase Nov. 2012
Happy Tuesday, Lovelies! I'm writing this just before dinner so it smells so scrumptious around me! I won't make this too long winded. I wanted to share with you my November Bestowed box and a new sub called Kona Kase that has just started shipping to Canada. Get your forks ready!
Whoops! Curious little Mick had to sniff everything in the box before I could handle it..............we get the ok!
Top left to right:
1) Tessemae's Red Wine Vinaigrette: This is actually an oil free dressing that answers the question: can a salad dressing be good without all the fat? Yes! This was so delicious. I love red wine vinegar on my salads already. This had seasonings in it too which makes it extra flavourful. I definitely will be looking for a refill when this runs out!
2) Pacific Organic Pumpkin Puree: so many possibilities! Pumpkin soups, pumpkin cheesecake......:)
3) Hail Merry Macaroons: I am already loving this company and this is my first pack of macaroons from them.
Bottom Left to right:
1) EBoost: This is an energy drink mix you add to your water. I don't usually drink these but this one seems to be loaded with vitamins too.
2) Seasnax Sea Sprinkles Grab & Go: now at first glance I wasn't too crazy about the idea. Its seaweed that has been dried out and tossed in olive oil, agave syrup, sea salt, sesame seed and oil. I gave it a try. They were actually quite satisfying. I didn't expect that. I kept chomping and reading that you could put them on salads and I stopped. I need to try these on a salad. Stp eating now! There are a few shreds left so I think I will sprinkles them on my salad tonight :)
Also included were a Chobani Coupon and a Qdoba free entree coupon. Check them out as I highly recommend them. Plus its only a cool $15/ Month. Visit Bestowed here.
Kona Kase is a relatively new subscription in which for $15/month, they send you 6-8 nutrition/endurance samples. Now, I'm not a gym rat. But when you sign up, you fill out a little fitness quiz in which they try to put samples in your kase that will cater to you. Check them out here. My first kase arrived a few weeks ago. And I have to say, I was really impressed.
Top Left to right
1) Bonk Breaker- Peanut Butter and Jelly: My husband loves protein bars and he can be picky about them. Especially the carbs to protein ratio. I let him have this bar and he loved it!
2) Sports Beans- Fruit Punch: Who knew energy supplements could be so fun?! When you look at it, it is jelly beans. But jelly beans do not have Vitamins and electrolytes like these little guys.
3) Hydrive Energy Drink Stick
Bottom Left to right:
1) Muscle Milk Light Bar in Vanilla Toffee Crunch: I have actually heard of this brand and this is one of my husband's faves. It disappeared, hmm.....
2) Perfect Foods Bar: I had some doubts about this (as I do with all protein bars and anything claiming to be perfect). I had to keep it in the fridge before I was ready to eat it. And I think I was blown away. It was a blend of peanut butter and honey. I was amazed as I was chomping away reading the nutrition info, that it contained 18 grams of protein!
Clockwise starting top left
1) Cytomax Sports performance Drink
2) Ultima Drink Stick in Grape: not my favourite flavour but alright.
3) Honey Stinger Gel in Acai & Pomegranate: a shot of honey?! Sign me up :)
4) PowerBar Chews in Raspberry: If fitness nuts had to eat one gummy fruit snack they should probably choose this. They are gel filled chews that provide an extra burst of energy before your work out. I had a few before I went to the gym. It was ok.
All this Nom nom talk has made me hungry. Time for dinner!
What do you think, Lovelies? Bestowed or Kona Kase for you?